The English House
The English House is located about 45 minutes north from Reykjavik. Set by the Langa river, this historic retreat used to be a lodge for distinguished fly fishermen visiting from England and Scotland. It has recently been carefully remodeled and updated and today it is a uniquely charming private lodge.
- 7 bedrooms
- 7 bathrooms
- Outdoor hot tub and separate sauna building
The unspoiled views towards the river and the nearby mountain ranges will take your breath away! This idyllic lodge is the perfect place for families or small groups of friends.
- The Lodge is offered fully hosted. The supervisor is on call 24/7.
- Private chef will prepare breakfast, lunch when necessary, and dinner.
- Many of Iceland´s most famous natural wonders can be found in the region.
- Snaefellsnes National Park is only an hour‘s drive to the West, featuring the eponymous stratovolcano made famous by Jules Verne‘s Journey to the Center of the Earth.
- The valley of Borgarfjordur lies to the East with Grabrok crater, Surtshellir cave, Hraunfossar waterfalls, and Deildartunguhver Europe’s most powerful hot spring.
- At the eastern end of the valley sits glacier Langjokull with its ice-cave and opportunities for snowmobiling and 4×4 expeditions.
- All of these locations offer abundant opportunities for hiking and trekking.
- Horseback riding can be done from numerous ranches in the area.
- The nearby town of Borgarnes features the excellent museum about Iceland‘s early settlement and Viking heritage; a geothermal swimming pool; a golf course and other amenities.
- In the wintertime, the Lodge is perfectly located for viewing the Northern Lights with unobstructed views in all directions.