Stóri-Kroppur underwent careful renovation 2001-2005 and 2015, keeping the oldest parts of the farm house (from 1892) as close to the original as possible. The 5 double bedrooms and 4 single rooms are all individually furnished, partly with antiques to resemble 19th Century farm life. Stóri-Kroppur Retreat also hosts 5 bathrooms, 2 with bathtubs.
As with many farms in Iceland, buildings and rooms have been added over the years, connecting the dwellings traditional stone wall with contemporary architecture to include a large open plan living area with cozy fire place, dining room to seat 18, kitchen facilities and “glass-house” with entertaining areas and Jacuzzi. Stóri-Kroppur Retreat is conveniently located an hours drive northwest of Reykjavik, on private property of 300 hectares. The home is ideal for large families and related interest groups. Private horse riding tours can are easily arranged.
- Sleeps 10-14
- 5 double bedrooms, 4 single rooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 with bathtubs
- The original farm house, one of Iceland’s oldest dwellings (from 1892),has been meticulously renovated to retain its original character with additions of new living areas, dining to seat up to 18 and glass house Jacuzzi and entertaining facility
- Total 420 sq m
- Breathtaking views (on clear days over 100 Kms)
- Private property of 300 hectares
- Helicopter access and a private landing strip close by
- Horse stables, commercial kitchen for in-house chef
- Staff accommodation