Located on the shores of Lake Thingvellir, Skálabrekka offers a private retreat with a number of scenic hiking trails nearby. Several of Iceland’s most popular natural attractions are only a short drive away. This includes Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the location of Althingi, Iceland’s Viking-era parliament; Gullfoss, the golden waterfall; and Geysir, a geothermal area that lends its name to all other geysers worldwide.
The rift at Silfra is considered one of the best spots for diving and snorkeling in Iceland due to the extreme clarity of the water, which flows between the N-American and Eurasian tectonic plates.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, master with ensuite
- Open plan living filled with natural light, warm and cozy.
- Indoor fireplace.
- Elegantly appointed with quality furnishings all on one level.
- Great for outdoor entertaining with south facing deck, Jacuzzi and BBQ, with spectacular, uninterrupted lake views.
- Fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, hair dryer and Wi-Fi.
- Located approximately 45 km from downtown Reykjavik.